Greta L. Raymond

3 entries | 1 photo
  • "Very sorry about your mom. I always enjoyed seeing her and..."
    - Lynn Hodgdon
  • "Very sorry for your loss."
    - Mamie poulin
  • "Walter and Debbie, We are so sorry for the loss of your..."
    - Charles Young Shannon Young
The Guest Book is expired.

Greta L. Raymond
1927 - 2017
RANDOLPH - Greta L. Raymond, 89, passed away at the Alzheimer Care Center in Gardiner on Dec. 1, 2017. She was born to Finnish immigrants, Eddie and Aili (Mattson) Peura, in Harrison, on Dec. 16, 1927. Her mother died while she was still a baby and she was raised by Leslie and Maude Hunt of Manchester. Greta graduated from Cony High School in 1947. After high school, Greta attended a business school in Augusta.
Greta was a loving wife, mother and grandmother. She married Walter E. Raymond in 1958. They shared 44 years of marriage until his death in 2002. She and Walter enjoyed family gatherings, dancing, camping, snowmobiling, and card games. After retirement, they traveled and spent their winters in Florida. In later years Greta could be found with a book or crossword puzzle in her hand.
Greta was predeceased by her husband; her son, Bruce Raymond; son-in-law, Mark Godfrey; and two brothers, Wilho Peura and Matthew Pulkin. She is survived by her children, Kathleen Godfrey, Cynthia Raymond, and Walter E. Raymond Jr. and his wife Debbie; six grandsons, Nicholas Godfrey and his wife Emily, Christopher Godfrey and his girlfriend Kendra, Benjamin Godfrey, Andrew Raymond, Matthew Raymond and Alex Raymond; two granddaughters, Stacy Godfrey and Morgan Lancaster; and three great-grandchildren, Chad and Ryan Lancaster, and Elliana Godfrey.
Private services will be held. Arrangements are under the care of Staples Funeral Home, 53 Brunswick Ave., in Gardiner.

Donations can be made
in Greta's name to the
Kennebec Valley Humane Society
10 Pet Haven Lane
Augusta, ME 04330

Funeral Home
Staples Funeral Service
53 Brunswick Avenue
Gardiner, ME 04345
(207) 582-3102
Funeral Home Details
Send Flowers
Published in Central Maine on Dec. 5, 2017